Saturday, March 27, 2010

Tupelo restaurant suggestions

If you know the Tupelo area, can you recommend a restaurant that can accomodate a large group of 13-14 year old girls and their parents. There will be about 36 people and we would love a restaurant that would have a separate room. Thanks.



Tupelo restaurant suggestions


Hi





We live in England and know Tupelo quite well.



Last april with friends from Tupelo we went to Ryans steakhouse, it%26#39;s a buffet style place it%26#39;s quite big and might suit your needs. Some local of course would probably have more info, but if not, try Ryan%26#39;s.





Hope that helps.



Any more info you need, ask me, always happy to help.



Moviemaker



Tupelo restaurant suggestions


I think I%26#39;ll give there a try I haven%26#39;t eat there,



The problem I had last year was my hotel gave you free beer, coke, popcorn, crisps (potato chips) hotdogs, southern fried chicken etc.



at night, with the massive free breakfast all i bought were my lunches.



Although I%26#39;m going back to that same hotel, what the heck I%26#39;ll still go out for dinner one night




If you are going to Tupelo there is a great Mexican rest right on the main drag. Not sure of the name but it is pink and you cant miss it. Food if fab and service for a big group(sweaty soccer players) was impeccable. We will go there every year from now on!



IF you have never been to Danvers try it also for lunch - great food.



Vanellis for dinner but not with a crowd




Wow, I disagree with all of the suggestions on this page. I grew up in Tupelo, and there are much better options!



My first recommendation is Harvey%26#39;s. They%26#39;re locally owned, have a great party room, and are always happy to accomodate crowds. Also, the food is excellent! Ask for the Delta Chicken. It%26#39;s not on the menu, but they%26#39;re always happy to whip it up.



If Harvey%26#39;s doesn%26#39;t work for you, try Jefferson Place (known as JP%26#39;s locally). It%26#39;s a fun little restaurant in an old house with creaky wooden floors and live music on the weekends. The people there are local, and they%26#39;ll be happy to accomodate your group. Check to make sure they allow people under 18 in on the weekends. I%26#39;m not sure what their policy is.



Vanelli%26#39;s is another good bet. Tupelo locals love this place because of the good Greek and Italian food, the sweet family that owns the place, and the laid-back atmosphere. They are also happy to accomodate groups. Their Greek salad is fantastic, and their Greek pizza will knock you out!



Fusion 205 is a new restaurant that%26#39;s supposed to be good. I%26#39;ve only had drinks there, but everyone I know says the food is yummy. Check the prices before you go. I%26#39;m not sure how expensive it is.



So...those are my recommendations! Take it from a local -- skip Ryan%26#39;s, Danver%26#39;s, and Las Margaritas (the Mexican restaurant someone else recommended but couldn%26#39;t remember the name of).



If you have any quesitons, feel free to leave me a note here or email me. I%26#39;d love to help you navigate my home town! Have a great trip!




harvey%26#39;s hands down. you%26#39;ll love it. we did!!!!




Is Jefferson Place still open? I saw your post and when I searched for the place, it said it had a fire. I cannot find any information saying that it is open.




Unfortunately, it did burn down, and they decided not to rebuild.




Thank you for that information....

No comments:

Post a Comment