Monday, December 12, 2011

lunch spot between Memphis and Nola

Any suggestions for a lite lunch between Memphis and New Orleans? We leave the Memphis area around 9AM with hopes of arriving in New Orleans between 3-4. Any idea how long this trip takes...will be on rt.55.





Thanks





lunch spot between Memphis and Nola


If you take I-55, the trip is about 6-6.5 hours without stops.



If you take the ';scenic route'; (US 61) it is closer to 8.



55-stop in Jackson.



61-stop in Vicksburg. There, I would go to Walnut Hills. Slightly ';overpriced';, but a great Southern Hospitality experience, and outstanding food.



(it is in an historic home, and you are seated at a round table (about 12/per table) with Lazy Susans and good, southern comfort food.) Vicksburg is about 4 hours from Memphis. Looking at a road map, you could have the best of both ~ you can split the drive between 55 %26amp; 61, with the stretch of I-20 between Vicksburg %26amp; Jackson getting you off or back on I-55.



Read more about US 61 %26amp; restaurants on



www.visitthedelta.com





Have a good trip,



Miller



lunch spot between Memphis and Nola


Thanks so much for the info. It%26#39;s helpful to know how long a trip can take (approx) and will check out some restaurants in jackson.




Since I have family in the area, I do not eat out in jackson very often, but I do know a great place downtown, very convenient to I-55, and is very characteristic of the area:



www.jesdablues.com





GREAT food, good music. They may not be open for lunch everyday, but I do know that they have been open for lunch on some days in the past. it is definitely worth a look if you wnat something unique.





Have a good trip.





Miller




If you are coming on I-55, after you pass Canton (you will see the enormous Nissan Plant), there is a new shopping center. It%26#39;s called Renaissance at Colony Park, there are several good restaurants there (I think the exit says Agency Rd, not 100% certain but you can%26#39;t miss it).





A couple of miles south, still on I-55, you can take the exit for County Line Rd. There are lots of different chains there (olive garden, red Lobster, applebees).





You will see others along the interstate as you go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment