Monday, December 12, 2011

Percy Quin State Park Cabins

I read a review from just a month ago that did not praise the PQ cabin #12. I did stay at one of the newer cabins last year and had no problems though I recall having roach problems in the mid 80%26#39;s.





Does anyone have any experience with cabin 17 specifically? I%26#39;m interested in hearing anyone%26#39;s experience in any of the cabins.





Wonder why none of the cabins have microwaves? All the state parks in MS and LA I%26#39;ve been to have them.





Does anyone know if you can rent kayaks or canoes anywhere near Percy Quin that can be BROUGHT to Percy Quin for use?





I appreciate any responses I get.



Thanks



Percy Quin State Park Cabins


Did you ever get any answers? My family and I are thinking about going to Percy Quin for a few day get away. I remember going there as a child about 20 yrs ago, and I remember loving it. But when I mentioned to my kids there was no tv, they didn%26#39;t sound very thrilled. Is there anywhere you can rent canoes? would you suggest us going there?



Percy Quin State Park Cabins


It%26#39;s been a long time since I checked this forum but I would always recommend PQ state park. It%26#39;s just beautiful overall. There are local canoe outfitters but not at the park itself. I brought my own inflatable kayak and had a wonderful time.





I did have a horrible experience though with roaches in cabin 17. I ended up staying at a hotel at night and used the cabin during the day though some of my family did stay in the cabin at night. The pots and pans left a lot to be desired. The park did refund some of my stay and did have the cabin sprayed, but that didn%26#39;t help my confidence after the roach crawled across my bed the first night.





I would go back but would only stay in the newer cabins if I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment